Lemon and Thyme Lamb Chops
- 8 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice and zest of
- 1 tbsp thyme organic
- 8 lamb chops 2cm thick, 2 per adult, 1 per child
- 750 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 sprig rosemary organic, leaves chopped
- 4 corn on the cob organic, optional
- 1 red onion organic, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes organic
- 1 yellow pepper organic, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine organic, cut into chunks about 3cm²
- 1 courgette organic, sliced chunks about 2cm
- 1 tbsp clear honey organic
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard organic
- 320 g green salad organic, optional
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and zest together with the thyme and place in a freezer bag together with the lamb chops to marinade from 1 hour to 24.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes until almost tender. Drain then tip back into the pan. If you want to BBQ them, and add a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss them around so they are well covered and wrap loosely in a large sheet of foil. Cook on the BBQ in the foil for 25 minutes.
- Wrap the corn on the cob in 2 layers of foil and cook on the BBQ for 30 - 35 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil it for 6 - 8 minutes in unsalted water.
- Thread the onion, tomatoes, pepper, aubergine and courgette onto the skewers. Mix the honey and mustard with a little olive oil and brush over the kebabs
- Grill or BBQ the vegetable skewers for 10 - 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Place the chops under a high heat on a grill or BBQ and cook for around 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve everything together for a really colourful summer BBQ/indoor BBQ meal.
Nutrition per serving
The Nutritional Values are computer generated estimates based on industry standards and are provided as a helpful guide only.