Hi and welcome to my Eco Living page! Eco Living, sustainable living, or green living is a lifelong journey, and as well as recipes, I'm here to offer you ideas and tips on ways you can make small changes to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. I found once I started eating a more eco friendly diet, I naturally wanted to make positive changes in other areas of my life too.
Here you'll find blog posts and practical tips on everyday things from food, to cleaning, to gift buying and even resources such as my Green Fair guides to help you become an Eco Champion in your local community.
What is Eco Living?
Eco-living is a way of life that focuses on minimizing our impact on the environment. It encompasses things such as reducing waste, conserving energy, eating a sustainable diet, reducing consumption, and embracing alternative modes of transport. All these things help reduce our carbon footprint, which is a measure of the impact our lifestyles have on our planet. There are lots of ways we can reduce our carbon footprint, big and small. Each time we do something, we're part of something bigger - a collective action that can have a significant impact in creating a healthier more stable planet.
Promote Green Action in your community
Everything you need to organise your own Green Fair
Benefits of Eco Living
There are lots of good reasons for living a more eco-conscious lifetyle. As societies and nations, this is of huge importance in slowing down the impacts of the climate emergency. On a personal and individual level, there are lots of benefits too.
- Eating a sustainable diet is better for our health as it encompasses more fruit and vegetables, less saturated fat, less meat and dairy, and processed foods.
- Reducing our consumption overall of 'stuff' is better for our finances and promotes a calmer less frenetic outlook.
- Swapping short car journeys for walking or cycling helps improve our fitness levels.
Living a more Eco-friendly lifestyle is a lifelong journey but one that has huge benefits. Follow me for regular tips and updates and let's do this together.
Find what you're Looking For:
Browse full recipe index →
Latest Eco Articles
What is a Sustainable Diet?
Discover how a sustainable diet is good for you and the planet and how easy it is!
- Best Zero Waste, Plastic Free, Ethical Gifts for Everyone
- How to Eat and Cook Sustainably
- 14 Easy Fairtrade Recipes for Fairtrade Fortnight
- How to store turkey and easy leftover Recipes
- Food Storage Labels - A quick easy guide
- How to Manage Food Waste at Home
- Upcycling downcycling and repurposing our waste
- How to organise a Green Eco Sustainability Fair
- Green Eco Sustainability Fair -A Guide
- How Clothes Impact the Environment
- Eco Cleaning and Homemade Products and Recipes