All the recipes at The Real Meal Deal use Fairtrade ingredients as it's such an important part of Eating Sustainably. To help celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight, I've pulled together 14 of the most popular Recipes. There are meat, fish, vegetarian, and vegan as well as some tasty fairtrade snacks. With many high-quality fairtrade ingredients now available, it's easy to incorporate fairtrade into most meals. If you're looking for more inspiration, check out my Recipe Page.
What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade is an international organization that promotes decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. Fairtrade Fortnight, highlights the growing challenges that climate change brings to farmers and workers. Look out for the blue and green logo when you shop.
- What is Fairtrade?
- 1. Fairtrade Keralan Fish Curry
- 2. Fairtrade Korma Curry
- 3. Fairtrade Vegetarian Fajitas with Black Beans
- 4. Fairtrade Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
- 5. Fairtrade Tea Loaf
- 6. Quorn Chilli with Fairtrade Spices
- 7. Veggie Chilli with Fairtrade Spices
- 8. Fairtrade Fish Stew
- 9. Fairtrade Lamb Tagine
- 10. Fairtrade Vegetarian Goulash
- 11. Fairtade Smoked Mackerel Salad with Asian Noodles
- 12. Fairtrade Aubergine and Chickpea Curry
- 13. Fairtrade Curry with Chickpeas and Lentils
- 14. Fairtrade Prawn Noodles Stir Fry with Vegetables
1. Fairtrade Keralan Fish Curry
Keralan Fish Curry is a creamy South Indian fish curry with coconut milk. Using a few common spices and poaching the fish in a creamy tomato sauce, this easy recipe takes just 30 minutes.
2. Fairtrade Korma Curry
Ready in just 30 minutes, this lighter version of a Chicken Korma is mild but still full of flavour.
3. Fairtrade Vegetarian Fajitas with Black Beans
Roast your vegetables in a simple homemade tex-mex spice mix, gather some toppings and you're good to go. Ready in 30 minutes.
4. Fairtrade Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
These muffins are really tasty and also a great way to ensure your fairtrade bananas never go to waste!
5. Fairtrade Tea Loaf
The perfect guilt free Fairtrade snack, this tea loaf is low on sugar and fat free!
6. Quorn Chilli with Fairtrade Spices
An easy quorn chilli that's big on flavor and packed full of fairtrade spices.
7. Veggie Chilli with Fairtrade Spices
A super tasty vegetarian chilli made with roasted sweet potatoes and fairtrade spices.
8. Fairtrade Fish Stew
A tasty fish stew ready in just 20 minutes. Serve with Fairtrade couscous!
9. Fairtrade Lamb Tagine
A simple version of a North African Tagine, using fairtrade spices, dried apricots and chickpeas.
10. Fairtrade Vegetarian Goulash
Another great storecupboard staple that's gluten and dairy free and ready in under 30 minutes.
11. Fairtade Smoked Mackerel Salad with Asian Noodles
A Smoked Mackerel Salad with Asian Noodles has so much going for it. It's really easy to make and is ready in under 10 minutes. You can enjoy it as a main, hot or cold or as a lunch.
12. Fairtrade Aubergine and Chickpea Curry
An Aubergine and Chickpea Curry is a delicious healthy vegan curry and ready in under 30 minutes. It's also dairy and gluten-free, is very economical and super easy to cook.
13. Fairtrade Curry with Chickpeas and Lentils
Tasty, healthy and a great store-cupboard staple, this vegan chickpea curry is the perfect standby.
14. Fairtrade Prawn Noodles Stir Fry with Vegetables
Prawn Noodles Stir-Fry with vegetables is a quick, easy and healthy dish and ready in just 20 minutes. Stir Fry's are a great opportunity to cook with lots of different fresh vegetables. They are also great for using up any leftovers.
Choosing Fairtrade products can make a real different in the lives of the farmers who produce our food, not just during Fairtrade fortnight but throughout the year. For more information on Fairtrade, visit the website at www.fairtrade.org.uk and Fairtrade International.
All my recipes list Fairtrade ingredients. For more inspiration, visit my recipe page.