Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
This Spinach & Ricotta lasagna dish uses passata as the sauce because it's not too heavy and saves prep time, but still makes for a tasty dish. You will need a large oven proof dish or use 2 smaller ones. I used to do this as a canelloni, but found that a lasagna is much quicker to prepare!
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 onions organic, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic organic, peeled, crushed
- 300 g spinach organic
- 1 dash nutmeg organic, fairtrade
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, zested and juiced
- 500 g low fat ricotta cheese organic or use mascarpone
- 75 g Parmesan cheese organic, grated
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 12 lasagna sheets organic
- 500 g passata organic
- 320 g green salad organic, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Add the olive oil to the pan and fry the onion over a medium heat until soft. Add the garlic together with the spinach and nutmeg and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the ricotta cheese with the lemon zest, juice and half the parmesan. Season with black pepper
- Spread half the passata on the bottom of an oven proof dish. Place a layer of lasagna sheets on top. Add a layer of the spinach and ricotta mixture, cover with another layer of lasagna sheets and repeat until all the mixture is used up. Add a final layer of lasagna sheets.
- Pour the remainder of the passata over the top and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. If you are using 2 trays, you may need more cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is golden.
- Serve with the green salad.
Not all eating at the same time or in a hurry? This dish can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for 24 hours or cooked and then re-heated when ready.
Calories: 731kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 38gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 580mgPotassium: 1583mgFiber: 8gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 9205IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 709mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!